Protect sensitive data in cloud apps
Umbrella data loss prevention (DLP) analyzes data in-line to provide visibility and control over sensitive data leaving your organization. It’s easy to deploy and manage in the Umbrella secure web gateway (SWG) with flexible policies incorporating pre-built, customizable data identifiers.
- Monitor and enforce in real time
- Inspect data in-line with full SSL inspection
- Create flexible, customizable policies with 80+ pre-built dictionaries
- Get detailed data loss incident reporting
- Meet compliance requirements
Cloud app usage can lead to data loss
As more companies move critical enterprise data to cloud-based services, company data becomes more vulnerable to both malicious exfiltration and unintentional misuse by inexperienced users.
of data breaches involve personal data 1
of employees have access to 1,000 or more sensitive files 2
Data loss prevention using enforcement that works together
The most effective security comes from a layered approach. Umbrella integrates multiple components that were once standalone security services and appliances in a single, cloud-native solution.
First, Umbrella checks for domains associated with malware using DNS-layer security. Next, the cloud-delivered firewall (CDFW) checks for IP, port, protocol, and application rules. Next, the secure web gateway (SWG) checks all web traffic for malware and policy violations. Finally, data loss prevention (DLP) monitors, alerts, and blocks sensitive data in outbound web traffic.
1. Verizon, 2020 Data Breach Investigation Report, 2020; 2. Varonis, 2021 Global Data Risk Report, 2021